Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chocolate Stout Cake

I made this months ago and it's amazing and happens to be vegan. I wanted to post it here so that I don't lose it and so that others can share in the awesomeness. I got this recipe from someone on Ravelrywho found it online somewhere. Enjoy:

Vegan Chocolate Stout Cake

  • 2 cups sugar (I reduced the sugar by about 1/2 cup)

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 c cocoa

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 2 tsp baking soda

  • 3/4 c oil (I used a little less; maybe about 2/3 c)

  • 4 tsp vinegar

  • 1 tsp vanilla

  • 1 bottle (12 oz) beer (I recommend a dark stout or chocolate stout; I used Young's Double Chocolate Stout)

  • 1/2 c water


Sift all dry ingredients together into a large bowl and make three wells in the dry mixture (one large and two small). Pour the oil into the large well, and the vinegar and vanilla into each of the small wells. Pour beer over mixture, add water, and mix well.

Bake at 350F for 35 - 45 min. in lightly oiled pan.

Here's a photo of the finished product dusted with powdered sugar. I really need a nice cake pedestal or something...

DSCN0354

No comments: