Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I spent the holiday weekend mostly at home: gardening and relaxing in the backyard. I got off work early on Friday and the weather was beautiful and sunny so I hung out in the backyard with a book and a beer and a pug :)


indoor kids get outside

Saturday I bought some potted plants for my planter: Lavender, Bleeding hearts and something that resembles purple daisys.

porch plants


On Monday I worked on the herb garden I've been wanting to start all spring. I potted sweet basil, cinnamon basil and lemon balm plants. I also planted seeds for cherry tomatoes, brussels sprouts, patty-pan squash, cilantro, and chives.

new herb garden
new herb garden

All this to go along with my already sprouting strawberry plants.

strawberries

We'll see how it goes!

No comments: