- half bag of frozen shredded or diced potatoes
- handful of frozen or fresh veggies (I often use frozen peas or corn or fresh peppers or broccoli)
- 4 strips of bacon or turkey bacon, chopped up
- chopped garlic and/or onion as desired
- 1 or 2 tbsp. veg. oil or butter
- salt/pepper/herbs as desired
- 3 or 4 eggs
- shredded or grated cheese
First, cook the bacon, onion, garlic (or whatever combination of these you are using) in a large skillet. If not using bacon you will need to add enough butter or oil to coat the bottom of the pan. If you are using bacon there will be plenty of fat in the pan already.
When bacon is cooked through and onion/garlic are softened, add the potatoes in an even layer and let fry for 5-7 min. (don't stir if you want them to be crispy!) While the potatoes are cooking, layer veggies on top of them and sprinkle with any spices/herbs you like. Flip everything over and let fry for another 5 min.
Stir fry until everything is as soft or brown as you like it. (peppers cook fast, broccoli needs a little more time)
Break eggs into the pan (on top of everything) and stir fry until the eggs are fully set.
Turn off heat and sprinkle with cheese.