Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Things

Reposted from Facebook: 25 things about me you probably don't care about :)

1. I hate most condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, onions, sweet relish, etc. But I love A1 and BBQ sauce!

2. I'm painfully shy and am super grateful to have a great group of friends and a husband so I don't have to go out and try to meet people anymore (though, really, I still should). However, I like to meet new people, I'm just really bad at starting conversations and I think I often come off rude or snobby.

3. I hate talking on the phone. I think everyone should just use email and texts always.

4. I hate shopping. I'm so not girlie that way.

5. I love beer and I'm totally a snob about it. Luckily, most of my friends and acquaintances are on board with me here.

6. I taught myself to crochet while unemployed after college. My grandma and several aunts do it and I always wanted to learn but it took 3 months of utter boredom to get me started and now I can't stop. I still can't knit though.

7. All of my friends are either the youngest or only children in their families. I'm the oldest.

8. Most of my friends and myself are fire signs. I'm not sure why I know this or care because I think astrology is crap.

9. I just bought a brand new Honda Fit... It's my 5th car and I decided I needed a car I didn't have to pour money into so I took the plunge and bought it new. I love it!

10. My first car was a 1991 Dodge Caravan.

11. I used to be a very "musical" person. I played piano, guitar, and violin, was in orchestra and jazz band in high school and took music theory classes and lessons. Once I got to college I never played again. I wish I had kept up with it a bit.

12. I was a competitive swimmer from age 10 through my junior year of high school. I quit my senior year for these reasons: My coach quit, my friends all quit, I decided to join the art club, my school switched formats that year and the only way I could still be in jazz band was before school which coincided with swim practice.

13. I took 12 math credits in high school when I only needed 6 for an honors diploma. I became obsessed with calculus.

14. I'm not a vegetarian but I love vegetables and very often cook vegetarian meals.

15. I used to hate 80's music until I started dating my husband. Now it's some of my favorite music, especially new wave and synthpop.

16. I still have much much love for 70's music, especially classic rock and disco. Led Zeppelin is one of my all time favorite bands.

17. I first met my husband when I was 15. We had a mutual friend who set us up and we were each other's first kiss. Then we lost contact until we ran into each other at a college party 5 years later. We've been together ever since and got married another 5 years after that.

18. I really want to have kids but I'm also terrified of having kids (and I'm not referring to birthing kids, just raising them.)

19. I can't justify spending a lot of money on clothes or jewelry. My wedding ring is by far the most expensive thing I have ever worn. I've never spent more than $50 on a purse and that was a stretch for me.

20. I have very little jewelry because once I find something I like, I just wear that every day.

21. I have a goal to someday travel to Spain and Portugal. I'd also like to check out England, Belgium, Germany, France, The Netherlands... pretty much all of Europe.

22. I love my pug. Seriously, I'm in love with this little monster. She's my baby.

23. I have a tattoo inspired by one of my favorite architects, Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I want to get more tattoos but I need to think deeply on it before making it permanent, but I have some ideas.

24. I would love to live somewhere besides Indiana but it's hard to leave all my friends and family.

25. It drives me crazy when people have the aspect ratio on their TV set wrong so everything looks stretched. No one else ever seems to notice but I see it at almost every bar and hotel with a wide screen TV. Most people I know with wide screen TV's always have them set wrong. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

No comments: